Q. I need to find a definition in the Oxford English Dictionary. I found the dictionary but I can not look at anything in it. How do I find a definition?
To use the online version:
- Go to the libary website: http://lib.murraystate.edu.
- Search for "oxford english dictionary" in the Search box.
- It should be the first link that comes up on the list.
- Just click View Online and then click Open Source in New Window.
- If prompted, enter your Network ID and password.
You can also find it directly on the Database A to Z list under the letter 'O'. When prompted, enter your Network ID and password.
If you want the print books, the 20 volumes can be found in the Reference Collection (main floor of Waterfield Library) with the call number PE 1625 .O87 1989. Ask at the Information Desk if you need help locating them.