Q. How do I make a hanging indent for a bibliography?
Here's how you can make your bibliography have the correct indent in Microsoft Word.
- Select all of your citations.
- Right click your mouse.
- Select Paragraph from the resulting pop up menu.
- Under Indentation, use the Special pull-down menu to select Hanging.
- Use the By menu to select 0.5"(it should be the default).
- BEFORE YOU CLICK OK!
Take this opportunity to make sure your citation is double-spaced and that you have removed the extra space before the paragraph.
- Under Spacing, make sure the pull-down menu for Line Spacing says Double.
- Change the boxes next to Before and After to 0 pt (instead of auto).
- NOW Click OK.
Adapted from COM Library
Was this helpful? 0 0