Q. What are the noise zones in Waterfield Library?
Waterfield Library has three different noise zones.
- Community zone (green): Group work and respectful cell phone use
- Collaborative zone (red): Quiet group work and silent cell phone use
- Quiet zone (blue): Silent study and silent cell phone use.
There are three main quiet zones that are strictly enforced:
- The entire upper level. You can take the stairs or the elevator to reach this level.
- The northeastern corner of the lower level (near the call numbers Q-Z.
- The hallway outside classrooms 210-211 on the main level.
Not sure which zone you're in?
Look for signs at various parts of the building indicating which zone you are entering.
Or you can review these maps of each floor: The colors indicate which zone applies in each part of the library.
Questions? Ask at the Information Desk.